Discussion: anne stanhope affair with thomas seymoreReported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts
queenjoanne
queenjoanne
anne stanhope affair with thomas seymore
Nov 9 2011, 9:19 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 9 2011, 9:19 AM EST
In addition to the inaccuracy described above, In the show Anne gave birth to a son whome she named Thomas, Edward Seymore had no children named Thomas...he did however, have four son's named Edward. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Inaccuracies Season 4
HeverRose
HeverRose
1. RE: anne stanhope affair with thomas seymore
Nov 9 2011, 12:52 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 9 2011, 12:53 PM EST
"In addition to the inaccuracy described above, In the show Anne gave birth to a son whome she named Thomas, Edward Seymore had no children named Thomas...he did however, have four son's named Edward."
I think it might only be three:

The first son, Edward , was from his first marriage.

Then when he married Anne Stanhope, they had a son Edward who died at two. That same year ( 1539) another boy was born, and he was also named Edward. He is the Edward who went on to marry Catherine Grey, Jane's younger sister.

The whole presentation of the Seymour brothers and the Anne Stanhope intrique was one of the more bizarre inacurracies in the show, I thought.

I also thought they dropped the ball with the role of Thomas Seymour. This was a man who swept the young Elizabeth off her feet, who Catherine Parr was madly in love with and I did not think he was presented as anything near as dashing and charming as he supposedly really was.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)