Discussion: Edward and Mary The Unknown Tudors DocumentaryReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts
TudorFan89
TudorFan89
Edward and Mary The Unknown Tudors Documentary
Aug 12 2011, 9:54 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2011, 9:54 AM EDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw6IIf4xATU 7  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
1. RE: Edward and Mary The Unknown Tudors Documentary
Aug 12 2011, 1:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw6IIf4xATU"
Thanks! Quite fascinating. I am up to Part 3 and it is something to consider how different England would have been if Edward had lived to be an old man.
Do you find this valuable?    
henry's7thwife
henry's7thwife
2. RE: Edward and Mary The Unknown Tudors Documentary
Aug 12 2011, 6:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
I am watching it, but they just said that Edward Seymour was the one who instigated his brother's death. What I have read so far about it was that Thomas pretty much tried to kidnap Edward, and committed treason. Hmmmm ... Someone seems to have something against Eddie Seymour! Do you find this valuable?    
TudorFan89
TudorFan89
3. RE: Edward and Mary The Unknown Tudors Documentary
Aug 12 2011, 8:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2011, 8:40 PM EDT
I know what you mean I also read Edward Seymour had trouble signing off on his brothers death even if the two men had feuded. In the show they make it like Edward had no problem at all doing it. Do you find this valuable?    
henry's7thwife
henry's7thwife
4. RE: Edward and Mary The Unknown Tudors Documentary
Aug 12 2011, 10:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2011, 10:15 PM EDT
Another thing I noticed was that they kept claiming that Mary always hated Elizabeth. I thought she was fond of Bess when they were young and only after she became Queen and Elizabeth was inclined towards Protestantism, she started to not like her. Any views? Do you find this valuable?    
Jes89
Jes89
5. RE: Edward and Mary The Unknown Tudors Documentary
Aug 13 2011, 8:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 13 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
"Another thing I noticed was that they kept claiming that Mary always hated Elizabeth. I thought she was fond of Bess when they were young and only after she became Queen and Elizabeth was inclined towards Protestantism, she started to not like her. Any views?"
True, there's even a few evidences thatwhen both Maryand Elizabeth were out of vaour of theyr brother, Edward VI, they intensified their relationship with letters and gifts they often send to each other. Things really changed, drastically in 1554, at Wyatt's rebel.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)