Discussion: Which Tiara will she wear?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 9 posts
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
Which Tiara will she wear?
Apr 15 2011, 9:55 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 15 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
As the Royal wedding approaches in just a few days and speculation grows as to what Kate Middleton will wear....which tiara do you think she will wear? William's mother's tiara is actually not the property of the Royal Family but the Spencer Family.

Check out the Tiaras page and see all the choices she has! http://tudorswiki.sho.com/page/TIARAS+of+the+Tudors+Ladies
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Royal Tiaras
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
1. RE: Which Tiara will she wear?
Apr 26 2011, 4:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 26 2011, 4:34 AM EDT
Since I first started this thread, it seems there have been official bets made on which Tiara Kate will wear and some people are set to make a lot of money depending on which one it is.

Check out this article :
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8473251/Royal-wedding-gambler-hopes-to-pocket-72000-on-Kate-Middleton-tiara-bet.html

"A gambler is set to win £72,000 if Kate Middleton wears the Queen’s wedding tiara when she marries Prince William at Westminster Abbey on Friday. Ladbrokes, the bookmaker, has closed its book on the choice of headgear for the service after one customer bet £6,000 on the 180 year-old George III Tiara.The diamond encrusted decoration, also known as the Russian Fringe Tiara, was a favourite with Queen Victoria and Queen Mary and was also worn by Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.
Notably, Princess Elizabeth, the current Queen and Prince William's grandmother, borrowed it from Queen Mary for her own wedding in 1947.She in turn lent it to her daughter, the Princess Royal, when she married Captain Mark Phillips in 1973.

Ladbrokes originally installed the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara, previously owned by Diana, Princess of Wales, as its favourite when it started taking bets on the royal wedding headgear earlier this month. But staff at a branch in Ascot, Berks, were alarmed when a customer, described as a well-spoken middle aged woman, walked in asking to wager £6,000 on the George III Tiara being worn by Kate Middleton instead last week.Fearing she may have insider information, they refused but she later managed to place the bet at a branch in Egham at odds of 12 to one.Alex Donohue, a spokesman for Ladbrokes, said: "As far as we are concerned when that sort of money starts getting thrown around it looks very much like a done deal.

"We usually take bets of £10 or £20 on a 'fun market' like this."
Do you find this valuable?    
HeverRose
HeverRose
2. RE: Which Tiara will she wear?
Apr 26 2011, 9:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 26 2011, 9:08 AM EDT
Just had a look at them all. They are all so very beautiful. But the most potent and emotional touch to the enire wedding would be if she wore the one associated with Diana. I am not sure if the bride wants to share the spotlight like that, but it would certainly make for a wondrous gesture. Do you find this valuable?    
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
3. RE: Which Tiara will she wear?
Apr 26 2011, 10:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 26 2011, 10:08 AM EDT
"Just had a look at them all. They are all so very beautiful. But the most potent and emotional touch to the enire wedding would be if she wore the one associated with Diana. I am not sure if the bride wants to share the spotlight like that, but it would certainly make for a wondrous gesture. "
You are right....it might be good for her to wear a different one. Also they are saying her dress will probably be sleeker than Diana's because she is older and more sophisticated. The tiara the queen wore to her wedding would suit that better perhaps.
HeverRose
HeverRose
4. RE: Which Tiara will she wear?
Apr 26 2011, 10:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 26 2011, 10:21 AM EDT
I do think that the one she will choose will be the one that best suits her dress. She has a lot of style so I think she will go that route, rather than any kind of symbolic gesture with the tiara..

At any rate, speculating is fun and we shall see!!
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
5. RE: Which Tiara will she wear?
Apr 26 2011, 10:29 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 26 2011, 10:29 AM EDT
"I do think that the one she will choose will be the one that best suits her dress. She has a lot of style so I think she will go that route, rather than any kind of symbolic gesture with the tiara..

At any rate, speculating is fun and we shall see!!"
totally!

I just found a pic of Princess Anne also wearing that tiara to her first wedding.
Anne'sCurls
Anne'sCurls
6. RE: Which Tiara will she wear?
Apr 27 2011, 11:10 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 27 2011, 11:17 AM EDT
I wish people would stop trying to make Kate's wedding day about Diana. This is Kate's big day and whether she is marrying a prince or not, every girl has the right to have the day be about her; not a woman who has been dead for 14yrs.
There is a possibility that she won't wear a tiara at all, perhaps that is not her style. But if I had to choose one for her, my favorites have always been the "Fife" tiara and the "Russian Kokoshnik".
But I also like "The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara"; maybe to break with the damn white/silver tiara tradition she can pick one with color in it.

MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
7. RE: Which Tiara will she wear?
Apr 27 2011, 12:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 27 2011, 12:31 PM EDT
"I wish people would stop trying to make Kate's wedding day about Diana. This is Kate's big day and whether she is marrying a prince or not, every girl has the right to have the day be about her; not a woman who has been dead for 14yrs.
There is a possibility that she won't wear a tiara at all, perhaps that is not her style. But if I had to choose one for her, my favorites have always been the "Fife" tiara and the "Russian Kokoshnik".
But I also like "The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara"; maybe to break with the damn white/silver tiara tradition she can pick one with color in it.

"
I agree with you ...and totally love the "Fife" Tiara. It would be nice to see Kate wear something different.
GoldenAged.ER
GoldenAged.ER
8. RE: Which Tiara will she wear?
May 5 2011, 4:30 PM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
"
Check out this article :
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8473251/Royal-wedding-gambler-hopes-to-pocket-72000-on-Kate-Middleton-tiara-bet.html

"A gambler is set to win £72,000 if Kate Middleton wears the Queen’s wedding tiara when she marries Prince William at Westminster Abbey on Friday. Ladbrokes, the bookmaker, has closed its book on the choice of headgear for the service after one customer bet £6,000 on the 180 year-old George III Tiara.The diamond encrusted decoration, also known as the Russian Fringe Tiara, was a favourite with Queen Victoria and Queen Mary and was also worn by Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.
Notably, Princess Elizabeth, the current Queen and Prince William's grandmother, borrowed it from Queen Mary for her own wedding in 1947.She in turn lent it to her daughter, the Princess Royal, when she married Captain Mark Phillips in 1973.

"
It would seem that people have mixed tiaras up. Here at the Royal Wedding Collection is is not the "George III Fringe Tiara". This information is as official as it gets -- put out and approved by HM herself.

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/microsites/royalwedding1947/object.asp?object=200184&row=53

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)