Discussion: Six Wives of Henry VIII (1970 BBC)Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts
LadyMaryAnne
LadyMaryAnne
Six Wives of Henry VIII (1970 BBC)
Aug 15 2010, 10:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 15 2010, 10:21 PM EDT
This is one of my favorite adaptations of Henry VIII and his wives. The actor playing Henry is in my opinion of of the best actors ever to play the role. Also all the actresses look like they could have have been the queens they are playing.

How many of you have seen this series and what did you think of it?
My favorite is Katherine Howard, I found the way the situation was played out was quite interesting.

I am currently re-watching Katherine of Aragon's part and they just introduced Anne Boleyn. She is kind of a (words).
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: six wives henry viii
liona5
liona5
1. RE: Six Wives of Henry VIII (1970 BBC)
Aug 18 2010, 10:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2010, 10:03 AM EDT
I have seen it recently ,It was so different of the Tudors, really good, my mother saw it when she was a kid, she still remembers it, she found it odd at this time lol. Do you find this valuable?    
Peppermint-Kiss
Peppermint-Kiss
2. RE: Six Wives of Henry VIII (1970 BBC)
Aug 18 2010, 2:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
I really want to see this series! I've seen clips of it on youtube, and I believe episode 5 is posted in it's entirety, but the others aren't. I checked my library, and they don't have a copy and neither does my local video rental stores... : ( Do you find this valuable?    
likesthesilence
likesthesilence
3. RE: Six Wives of Henry VIII (1970 BBC)
Dec 21 2010, 3:31 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2010, 3:31 PM EST
"I really want to see this series! I've seen clips of it on youtube, and I believe episode 5 is posted in it's entirety, but the others aren't. I checked my library, and they don't have a copy and neither does my local video rental stores... : ( "
Netflix has the entire series. They used to have it on instant view, but it was recently taken down. They still have the DVDs though.

As for the series, I agree. It was SO different, but I absolutely adore it. I watched it about four times on Netflix before it went off instant view, and I just fell in love with it more each time. I'm currently trying to get up some cash so I can buy the DVD set for myself.
Do you find this valuable?