Discussion: now that the Tudors is overReported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 21 of 21  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2
lindaroot
lindaroot
20. RE: now that the Tudors is over
Jul 8 2010, 12:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2010, 12:39 PM EDT
I think after a couple of season of The Borgias, at least a couple of seasons of the Stuarts would be awesome. We tend to limit our interests in Stuart history to Marie Stuart, but the times are populated with giants. My first book"The First Marie is about the relationship of the queen to her cousin Marie Fleming, and Marie Fleming's relationship with William Maitland, a diplomat extroordinnaire whom Elizebthe called the "flower of the wits of Scotland." My second book is about the adventursome life of Kirkcaldy of Grange, a controversial figure with a sense of honor so subject to rationalization that it became his fatal flaw. And that one is about 1/2 finished. The First Marie is ready to go!. My third novel, still in the plotting stages has a short vignette at CreateSpace.com. under Preview Gallery, which anyone can access by searching under the name Linda Root, or the tentative title, "the Midwife's Secret." It spun off of teh Kirkcaldy book and has taken on a life of its own. My daughter and my new daughter in law who is a doctoral candidate at the Univeristy of Geneva medical school really like the third one best. Since the Kirkcaldy story and the First Marie both feature the glamour and spectacle of the French court, the sons seem to prefer that one. My middle child, Michael, is self-publishing a collection of short stories with Matador in the UK, and the blurb is already posted there. We each do some editing and critiquing of the other's work, and The First Marie will also have 8 interior illustrations and cover art produced by my youngest Russ Root. So it is becoming more of a family endeavor. My granddaughters are currently so into Twilight that I would have to tie them up and force feed anything that wasn't a vampir e romance! Maybe they will have term papers on strong historical women, and then they'll come around. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)