Discussion: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time

Reggie19
Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 4:25 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 4:25 AM EDT
Just found this in the Irish Mirror and thought i'd post it, just to get your opinions on it, is it an excuse, or do you think it's true?

"Jonathan Rhys Myers and his new queen had such severe laughter fits on the set most of their scenes got the chop. Annabelle Wallis who plays doomed Jane Seymour in the third series of the Tudors, say they found it impossible to take things seriously. The 25 year old added that their dance scenes were so bad that they had to be axed. She told tv guide 'We had a coreographer, but if you noticed, any scenes with Jonathan and I is cut down. We were the worst. 'Two people dancing is so different than how you dance now. It's very uptight. Also, when you become good friends, and then you try to dance, it's very hard. We were hysterically laughing all the time. We couldn't take it seriously so they cut us out'.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Maggie-AnneB.
Maggie-AnneB.
1. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 4:35 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 4:35 AM EDT
"Just found this in the Irish Mirror and thought i'd post it, just to get your opinions on it, is it an excuse, or do you think it's true?

"Jonathan Rhys Myers and his new queen had such severe laughter fits on the set most of their scenes got the chop. Annabelle Wallis who plays doomed Jane Seymour in the third series of the Tudors, say they found it impossible to take things seriously. The 25 year old added that their dance scenes were so bad that they had to be axed. She told tv guide 'We had a coreographer, but if you noticed, any scenes with Jonathan and I is cut down. We were the worst. 'Two people dancing is so different than how you dance now. It's very uptight. Also, when you become good friends, and then you try to dance, it's very hard. We were hysterically laughing all the time. We couldn't take it seriously so they cut us out'."
Uhmm... Idk.. Rachael and JRM danced pretty fine, I don't know what to think right now.. I am all about the Tower of London and I can't think of anything else.. Nor comprehend anything... I wish I can put myself on cruise control... Waah!
Do you find this valuable?    
HeroineAddict
HeroineAddict
2. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 4:38 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 4:40 AM EDT
"Just found this in the Irish Mirror and thought i'd post it, just to get your opinions on it, is it an excuse, or do you think it's true?

"Jonathan Rhys Myers and his new queen had such severe laughter fits on the set most of their scenes got the chop. Annabelle Wallis who plays doomed Jane Seymour in the third series of the Tudors, say they found it impossible to take things seriously. The 25 year old added that their dance scenes were so bad that they had to be axed. She told tv guide 'We had a coreographer, but if you noticed, any scenes with Jonathan and I is cut down. We were the worst. 'Two people dancing is so different than how you dance now. It's very uptight. Also, when you become good friends, and then you try to dance, it's very hard. We were hysterically laughing all the time. We couldn't take it seriously so they cut us out'."
LOL. That's cute, but...odd. I remember reading an interview with Henry Cavill where he said that everyone tended to behave themselves on-set, and didn't joke around and thus waste time because they were on such a tight schedule. Maybe it's the paper taking Annabelle's words out of context... Could be an explanation for the lack of Jane, though :-/
Maggie-AnneB.
Maggie-AnneB.
3. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 4:44 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 4:44 AM EDT
"LOL. That's cute, but...odd. I remember reading an interview with Henry Cavill where he said that everyone tended to behave themselves on-set, and didn't joke around and thus waste time because they were on such a tight schedule. Maybe it's the paper taking Annabelle's words out of context..."
Yeah I would think the same thing.... Since my brain is on the way to blowing up, all I can think is.. a little unprofessional? But what am I saying, filming for my English class I was messing up and cracking up the entire time... Can't wait to present that video! But really.. sounds a little unprofessional to me.
karenofbethany
karenofbethany
4. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 5:34 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 5:34 AM EDT
Maybe all the fooling around killed their chemistry - a lot of people complained about the lack of it. Do you find this valuable?    
karenofbethany
karenofbethany
5. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 5:35 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 5:35 AM EDT

Will we see it on Tudors Bloopers? I love the bloopers with Jeremy Northam (ssssiiiiigggggghhhh) and Sam Neil, where Sam is getting ticked off.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Maggie-AnneB.
Maggie-AnneB.
6. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 6:43 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 6:43 AM EDT
"Will we see it on Tudors Bloopers? I love the bloopers with Jeremy Northam (ssssiiiiigggggghhhh) and Sam Neil, where Sam is getting ticked off."
I was too after a while.. Continuously fake throwing up.. Gah.. I hate the sound of it! But Jeremy... Uhmm... In the tower.. all scruffy... Yum.

LadyJane1961
7. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 6:52 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 6:52 AM EDT
with all that drama taping a tv show wearing heavy costumes long hours its nice that they had light moments. wouldnt it be nice if the world had lighter moments and everybody smiled for a second. Do you find this valuable?    
aquasplash
aquasplash
8. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 7:31 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 7:31 AM EDT
"LOL. That's cute, but...odd. I remember reading an interview with Henry Cavill where he said that everyone tended to behave themselves on-set, and didn't joke around and thus waste time because they were on such a tight schedule. Maybe it's the paper taking Annabelle's words out of context... Could be an explanation for the lack of Jane, though :-/"
Well judging by the bloopers from season 1, they had a good old laugh on occasion! Although i don't recall Henry C in any of them. I wish they would treat us to more bloopers.
Tudorprincess
Tudorprincess
9. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 8:56 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 8:56 AM EDT
Aww i think it's sweet. I always thought that Henry and Jane acted more like good friends rather than lovers, so maybe that's why it came through. I wouldn't say its unprofessional though. In all my drama classes we spent half the time messing about and our group got the best marks in the class. You take it too serious and you become too stiff. Thats what i found anyway. You have a laugh and it adds to the chemistry and you play off each other better.

Perhaps we may have a bit of a scandal with Jonathan and Annabelle lol ;) They'd make a cute couple anyway, have you seen the pics of them together!
LNor19
LNor19
10. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 9:37 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 9:37 AM EDT
"Aww i think it's sweet. I always thought that Henry and Jane acted more like good friends rather than lovers, so maybe that's why it came through. I wouldn't say its unprofessional though. In all my drama classes we spent half the time messing about and our group got the best marks in the class. You take it too serious and you become too stiff. Thats what i found anyway. You have a laugh and it adds to the chemistry and you play off each other better.

Perhaps we may have a bit of a scandal with Jonathan and Annabelle lol ;) They'd make a cute couple anyway, have you seen the pics of them together!"
I don't think it's unproffesional either, if that were true what would people say about Northam? The man was laughing and cracking jokes the whole time. Besides, no one talks about a serious person onset highly.
Also, there is a great deal of friendship between lovers, just because Jane and Henry weren't over gratitous like Anne and Henry didn't mean there wasn't any chemistry. It was a different kind of relationship, hence a different chemistry....it's not their fault Hirst spent more time on Ersulah than Jane.

In regards to Annabelle and John, there could be a bit between them. He was all over her at the Premiere party, he body was always leaning toward her too, Tazmin looked like a third wheel in some of the pictures, lol!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
LNor19
LNor19
11. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 9:39 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 9:39 AM EDT

I get cutting the dance scenes, but other scenes? What, Hirst couldn't be bothered to retake the scene?
Anne'sCurls
Anne'sCurls
12. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 4:34 PM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 4:34 PM EDT
"Maybe all the fooling around killed their chemistry - a lot of people complained about the lack of it."
I personally dont blame the lack of chemistry on JRM and Annabelle, I think the way Jane was written just made her less of a person and its hard to have chemistry with a cardboard cutout. I can believe they liked each other though because Jonathan seemed to like Natalie a lot. Ive never heard about him and Maria though.
Maggie-AnneB.
Maggie-AnneB.
13. RE: Meyers Laughed Her Head Off!
May 3 2009, 5:12 PM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2009, 5:12 PM EDT
"I get cutting the dance scenes, but other scenes? What, Hirst couldn't be bothered to retake the scene? "
I didn't mean that you HAVE to be serious at all times. God knows I am never. Agree about Hirst not retaking the scenes... That just doesn't make much sense to me, and that makes me a little peeved. So there could have been more scenes between Jane and Henry, and they weren't added in... WTF?

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)