Discussion: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 16 of 16  |  Show  posts at a time
happylilvampyr
happylilvampyr
Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Mar 26 2009, 11:42 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 11:42 AM EDT
Since the show is starting to pick up speed - Season 3 looking like it'll go through 3 wives - do you think the show has enough power and presence to explore Henry's two daughters' turns at the Monarchy?? If so, would this be something worth watching? Do you find this valuable?    
Anne'sCurls
Anne'sCurls
1. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Mar 26 2009, 11:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 11:47 AM EDT
1) There is no reason to go into elizabeth yet again. It has been done numerous times and I doubt anyone has the time or patience to devote 8seasons to her reign
2) It is not just the daughters, there is also a son who would have to be explored first.
Do you find this valuable?    
Boudica
Boudica
2. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Mar 26 2009, 11:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 11:49 AM EDT
"Since the show is starting to pick up speed - Season 3 looking like it'll go through 3 wives - do you think the show has enough power and presence to explore Henry's two daughters' turns at the Monarchy?? If so, would this be something worth watching?"
Hirst has expressed interest in the past about a fifth season involving Edward and Mary's reigns and possibly going back to Henry VII, but not going into Elizabeth's reign. In his words, "Elizabeth has been done to death, but Mary and Edward haven't and even Henry's father hasn't." I find Elizabeth an important historical figure of course, but the fact Michael Hirst has written two major films about her already makes me think he'll focus more on the other members of the Tudor family for what time the show has left on the air.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b105683_spoiler_chat_gossip_girls_bluck_up.html
Anne'sCurls
Anne'sCurls
3. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Mar 26 2009, 11:54 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 11:54 AM EDT
I really wish he would immediately go back to Henry VII because I really want to see that, and I dont think the show could go on long enough to go through Edward, Mary, then Henry. Im just a pessimist like that. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Boudica
Boudica
4. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Mar 26 2009, 11:59 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 11:59 AM EDT
"I really wish he would immediately go back to Henry VII because I really want to see that, and I dont think the show could go on long enough to go through Edward, Mary, then Henry. Im just a pessimist like that. "
I'd like that too, I think it would be do-able if Hirst maybe wrote it into season 4 with Henry on his deathbed and then showing flashbacks of Henry's childhood with his mother and his brother marrying Katherine and his dad ruling. That's just my idea anyway, I hope Hirst finds a way to work them in, the early Tudors overall really get such little screen time!
Honey-Beezz
Honey-Beezz
5. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Mar 26 2009, 12:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 12:14 PM EDT
"Hirst has expressed interest in the past about a fifth season involving Edward and Mary's reigns and possibly going back to Henry VII, but not going into Elizabeth's reign. In his words, "Elizabeth has been done to death, but Mary and Edward haven't and even Henry's father hasn't." I find Elizabeth an important historical figure of course, but the fact Michael Hirst has written two major films about her already makes me think he'll focus more on the other members of the Tudor family for what time the show has left on the air.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b105683_spoiler_chat_gossip_girls_bluck_up.html"
I agree that there has been enough about Elizabeth 1,although that's one person I really admire. Henry VII must have been a wily old fox,and he did marry Elizabeth,daughter of Edward IV,said to be a reputed beauty. Edward's reign would basically have to be from a child's view,but Mary would be more interesting. Although how they would work in the two daughters of Henry VII,after leaving one out in the Tudors would be interesting.
Anne'sCurls
Anne'sCurls
6. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Mar 26 2009, 12:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 12:18 PM EDT
Im just going to get this out, even in old age Henry VII was a looker imo. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
karenofbethany
karenofbethany
7. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Mar 26 2009, 5:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 5:52 PM EDT
"Since the show is starting to pick up speed - Season 3 looking like it'll go through 3 wives - do you think the show has enough power and presence to explore Henry's two daughters' turns at the Monarchy?? If so, would this be something worth watching?"
I heard they are NOT going to do Mary or E., but go into the Camelot era. I wish they would do Mary queen of scots, but according to The Tudors, she never existed...beating a dead horse, here...lol
audietudor
audietudor
8. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Apr 2 2009, 4:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 2 2009, 4:22 PM EDT
"Im just going to get this out, even in old age Henry VII was a looker imo."
Well judging from portraits skinny dear old dad was a much better looker than Old Hal. Henry is a bit chubby for my taste-he's round faced even in youthful portraits. Arthur was probably better looking than little brother lol. Henry's big attraction was power imo. I think Charlie Brandon's portraits show a cuter looking royal dude also. ;)
hohumpigsbum
hohumpigsbum
9. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Apr 9 2009, 12:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 12:27 AM EDT
"Hirst has expressed interest in the past about a fifth season involving Edward and Mary's reigns and possibly going back to Henry VII, but not going into Elizabeth's reign. In his words, "Elizabeth has been done to death, but Mary and Edward haven't and even Henry's father hasn't." I find Elizabeth an important historical figure of course, but the fact Michael Hirst has written two major films about her already makes me think he'll focus more on the other members of the Tudor family for what time the show has left on the air.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b105683_spoiler_chat_gossip_girls_bluck_up.html"
I'd like to see the early years between Catherine and Henry because that has hardly been touched upon at al
audietudor
audietudor
10. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Apr 9 2009, 5:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 5:34 AM EDT
I definitely want to see The Tudors go into Edward and Mary's reigns. There is plenty of history and drama in both of those reigns. Edward and Mary are sympathetic figures to me and I believe Hirst could do both monarchs justice. And I would love it if he would go retro back to Henry VII's reign-and a 'younger' JRM in the role of his son-Prince Henry. Do you find this valuable?    
Boudica
Boudica
11. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Apr 9 2009, 4:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 9 2009, 4:04 PM EDT
"I heard they are NOT going to do Mary or E., but go into the Camelot era. I wish they would do Mary queen of scots, but according to The Tudors, she never existed...beating a dead horse, here...lol"
The Camelot project is a completely different series that they're going to do, it has nothing to do with the Tudors and there is going to be at least a fourth season. Plus if they only get to Mary's reign we'll only have a MaryQoS as relevant during Edward's reign during the war of rough wooing or perhaps her marriage to Francis mentioned my Mary.
Edwardfan123
Edwardfan123
12. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Aug 22 2009, 5:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 22 2009, 5:24 AM EDT
"I agree that there has been enough about Elizabeth 1,although that's one person I really admire. Henry VII must have been a wily old fox,and he did marry Elizabeth,daughter of Edward IV,said to be a reputed beauty. Edward's reign would basically have to be from a child's view,but Mary would be more interesting. Although how they would work in the two daughters of Henry VII,after leaving one out in the Tudors would be interesting."
I argee there is alot of Elizabeth and Henry VIII shows already
Henry VII must have been a old fox when he did marry Elizabeth of York
I like how Edward's story could be a child's mind with his uncles, school learning and his friendship with Jane Grey who's the next queen.
but Mary would be more interesting as you can see if she is bloody or if it is just story people said a long time ago
michelleflavour
michelleflavour
13. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Oct 15 2009, 11:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 15 2009, 11:26 AM EDT
I think that going back might be very interesting. But there is a lot to tell after Henry VIII dies. There is Edward, Jane Grey and Mary. Admittedly, Elizabeth has been done to death but I wouldn't care, I'd watch it anyway. Do you find this valuable?    

magdelene
14. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Apr 5 2010, 8:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 5 2010, 8:21 PM EDT
I disagree. How can a show entitled "The Tudors" only be about Henry VIII and his six wives. (Come to think of it - that story has also been told before , as a dramatic series years ago on PBS). It's silly for The Tudors to end with the death of Henry VIII when he
had three children, all of whom ruled England. I hope they find a way to continue the series, with the same quality and great acting
Peppermint-Kiss
Peppermint-Kiss
15. RE: Beyond Henry VIII into Mary and Elizabeth's reins... (Spoiler)
Aug 19 2010, 11:51 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 19 2010, 11:51 AM EDT
They should make a series on Henry VII and Elizabeth of York. Those two are so over shadowed, even though in my opinion they are much more interesting than their son. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)