Discussion: Who is the guy with the eye patch...Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 23  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
Conyle
Conyle
Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 2:44 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 2:44 PM EST
...in the S3 promo on the front page of the Wiki? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
1. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 2:46 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 2:46 PM EST
"...in the S3 promo on the front page of the Wiki?"
Its Sir Francis Bryan http://tudorswiki.sho.com/page/Francis+Bryan

He's kinda hot...don't you think? :)
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SemperEadem
SemperEadem
2. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 2:48 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 2:48 PM EST
Hot hot hot, but a jackalope. I'm still holding out that they will pursue the Ireland angle with him. :-) 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Boudica
Boudica
3. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 2:52 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 2:52 PM EST
"Hot hot hot, but a jackalope. I'm still holding out that they will pursue the Ireland angle with him. :-)"
LOL! Ummm..yes siree! I'm starting to watch all the George A. Romero zombie movies primarily to watch Alan van Sprang! :P Honestly, doing a costume drama was the best career movie for him, it opened up his viewing audience so all these American and UK girls can get hooked on him.
Do you find this valuable?    
Conyle
Conyle
4. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 2:55 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 2:55 PM EST
"Its Sir Francis Bryan http://tudorswiki.sho.com/page/Francis+Bryan

He's kinda hot...don't you think? :)"
Thank you! I'm sure I've read about him as I've read several books that span the time he was influential at court, but I admit the name doesn't ring any bells for me at all.
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
5. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 2:56 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 2:56 PM EST
....and it seems Alan has viewed our little wiki because he asked us to remove a pic he didnt like. Do you find this valuable?    
Boudica
Boudica
6. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 2:58 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 2:58 PM EST
"Thank you! I'm sure I've read about him as I've read several books that span the time he was influential at court, but I admit the name doesn't ring any bells for me at all."
He's a cousin of Anne Boleyn and Jane Seymour's. His mother appeared as a character in season 2, Lady Margaret Bryan the governess / mistress of Elizabeth's household. Historically she reared all three of Henry VIII's children, she was recalled from Elizabeth's household when Edward was born so she could mind his household and Katherine Ashley (Champernon) took over.
SemperEadem
SemperEadem
7. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 2:59 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 2:59 PM EST
Alan is hot, but his character is a jackalope. Of course, scoundrels are who I like, LOL. Do you find this valuable?    
Boudica
Boudica
8. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 3:00 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 3:00 PM EST
"....and it seems Alan has viewed our little wiki because he asked us to remove a pic he didnt like."
Yup. And I recall a promise to add "approved" pictures.
SemperEadem
SemperEadem
9. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 3:01 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 3:01 PM EST
Ha ha, so as you can tell by our spirited commentary, the moderators are in love with him! Do you find this valuable?    
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
10. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 3:02 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 3:04 PM EST
don't we all love a bad boy? haha

mind you ...I am trying to think if there's any good boys? Maybe Knivert in season 1?
annebqueen
annebqueen
11. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 3:54 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 3:54 PM EST
"don't we all love a bad boy? haha

mind you ...I am trying to think if there's any good boys? Maybe Knivert in season 1?"
Knievert could of been a good guy but remember the scene where he held Buckingham down at the scaffold? I think he was a bad boy as well. Either way YUMMY!!!!!!!!
SemperEadem
SemperEadem
12. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 5 2009, 3:59 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 3:59 PM EST
Mmm, yes, Knivert is a good guy is Season 1, but really, I love him more for the actor, who I remember and love for playing Mason on Dead Like Me, who was a scoundrel. So you see, I've come full circle back to the scoundrel, lol. Do you find this valuable?    
Conyle
Conyle
13. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 6 2009, 5:30 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 6 2009, 5:30 AM EST
"He's a cousin of Anne Boleyn and Jane Seymour's. His mother appeared as a character in season 2, Lady Margaret Bryan the governess / mistress of Elizabeth's household. Historically she reared all three of Henry VIII's children, she was recalled from Elizabeth's household when Edward was born so she could mind his household and Katherine Ashley (Champernon) took over."
Margaret Bryan I'm familiar with...I suppose I just missed that she had a son who was an important figure as well. thank you for the info, Boudica.
Bluevanillalady
Bluevanillalady
14. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Mar 6 2009, 5:38 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 6 2009, 5:38 AM EST
He is pretty isn't he? Do you find this valuable?    
Mairy
Mairy
15. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Apr 12 2009, 11:28 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 12 2009, 11:28 AM EDT
He may appear smooth but you still have to remember he is out for himself. After all he helped Cromwell bring out the demise of Anne, his own cousin. Do you find this valuable?    

MsCandela
16. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Apr 24 2009, 11:43 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 24 2009, 11:43 AM EDT
"Alan is hot, but his character is a jackalope. Of course, scoundrels are who I like, LOL."
Do you mean "jackanapes"? I agree; everyone seems to love the bad boy. :)
SemperEadem
SemperEadem
17. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Apr 24 2009, 8:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 24 2009, 8:14 PM EDT
"Do you mean "jackanapes"? I agree; everyone seems to love the bad boy. :)"
Actually, no, jackalope is just the name I give to scoundrel-ish behavior. :-) I know, I'm the only person I've ever heard use it in that context, too, and I have no idea why I decided to refer to such people as the mythical rabbit with horns, lol.

And, I like his hats. I think the hat and the eye patch is what does it for me, ha ha. :-)

MsCandela
18. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Apr 25 2009, 2:38 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 25 2009, 2:38 AM EDT
"Actually, no, jackalope is just the name I give to scoundrel-ish behavior. :-) I know, I'm the only person I've ever heard use it in that context, too, and I have no idea why I decided to refer to such people as the mythical rabbit with horns, lol.

And, I like his hats. I think the hat and the eye patch is what does it for me, ha ha. :-)"
Oh ok. There were pictures of the jackalope in stores in AZ and I thought maybe you got the terms confused. LOL
Rummywench
Rummywench
19. RE: Who is the guy with the eye patch...
Apr 25 2009, 3:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 25 2009, 3:41 AM EDT
"Actually, no, jackalope is just the name I give to scoundrel-ish behavior. :-) I know, I'm the only person I've ever heard use it in that context, too, and I have no idea why I decided to refer to such people as the mythical rabbit with horns, lol.

And, I like his hats. I think the hat and the eye patch is what does it for me, ha ha. :-)"
I think Jackalope is a cool term. So Sir Francis is a horny rabbit, that sounds about right, given he's the only one we've seen getting lucky this season, with two different women no less!
2 | Next