Discussion: JRM got nominated!!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 2:45 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 2:45 AM EST
Yes - Jonny has been nominated for bext actor in a TV series at the Golden Globes.

Unfortunately no actresses nominated and the series itself hasnt been nominated.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: awards Golden Globes

frogy23
1. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 3:25 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 3:25 AM EST
I'm thrilled for him. Totally deserves this nomination. I am sorry about the show being overlooked, though. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
2. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 3:36 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 3:36 AM EST
Yes and the actresses.... such a pity MDK and Natalie Dormer weren't recognized. Also Jeremy Northam and Sam Neil.

JRM has some tough competition too. I have a feeling this award might go to Jon Hamm from Mad Men unfortunately.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Jes89
Jes89
3. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 4:09 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 4:09 AM EST
"Yes and the actresses.... such a pity MDK and Natalie Dormer weren't recognized. Also Jeremy Northam and Sam Neil.

JRM has some tough competition too. I have a feeling this award might go to Jon Hamm from Mad Men unfortunately."
I'm so happy for him, i hope he wins,he deserves!!!!!
But why MDK and ND????they are great ], they deserved too...
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Boudica
Boudica
4. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 5:36 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 5:36 AM EST
"Yes - Jonny has been nominated for bext actor in a TV series at the Golden Globes.

Unfortunately no actresses nominated and the series itself hasnt been nominated."
I'm happy for Jonny ofcourse, but this sounds like deja vu of last year - JRM got nominated but nobody else. He better win this time!

frogy23
5. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 6:35 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 6:35 AM EST
I'm sorry the show wasn't nominated as well. But keep in mind there is only one category any other actors could have been selected for. They are all supporting roles as promoted by Showtime (even if we see them as more than supporting) and the globes cram all supporting roles into one slot whether comedy or drama. So regardless of merit it was a very long shot. Absolutely thrilled for Jonathan. Only drama actor selected whose show was not. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
LNor19
LNor19
6. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 6:39 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 6:39 AM EST
That's great! I'm happy JRM got nominated, I certainly hope he wins!

But I still can't help but be disappointed that Northam was snubbed by most award shows.
FMFJRMGRL
FMFJRMGRL
7. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 7:22 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 7:22 AM EST
Yippie! Hope he wins this time! Jonny you have my vote! Love you!!!!
Show not nominated-boooo!
ND& MDK not nominated!
Why not! Who does this nominating stuff anyway! Grrr.
mary_bess_edward
mary_bess_edward
8. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 7:53 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 7:53 AM EST
Wow, well done Jonathan.
Hope you win!
lettice
lettice
9. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 10:46 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 10:46 AM EST
"Wow, well done Jonathan.
Hope you win!"
IF JRM won a Golden Globe for his portrayal of the King of Rock & Roll, why not for a King of England?
Hever
Hever
10. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 11:04 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 11:04 AM EST
Well done JRM!!! Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
11. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 11:49 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 11:49 AM EST
Well done JRM!! I really hope you win....you certainly deserve it !! Do you find this valuable?    
MissAlexsays
MissAlexsays
12. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 11 2008, 2:10 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 2:10 PM EST
I'm so pleased! I honest to god had a dream of him last night with a happy smile on his face walking around with a tan and a jean jacket?
I thought it so unusual I better log on here again after many many months being off the Wiki. Then this great news! I hope he wins. I was thinking today that he really gives his all to the role. And yes I woke up with a nice smile on my face after a happy yummy dream like that.
Do you find this valuable?    
pookiesmama
pookiesmama
13. RE: JRM got nominated!!
Dec 15 2008, 5:36 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 15 2008, 5:36 PM EST
"Yes - Jonny has been nominated for bext actor in a TV series at the Golden Globes.

Unfortunately no actresses nominated and the series itself hasnt been nominated."
I am also SHOCKED that some of the GREAT actors/actresses did not get nominated. (?) And it is like last year BUT I HOPE that everyone is over the MAD MEN craze. AFTER last years awards I TRIED to watch an episode (1st one) and I thought is was the most boring show I have seen in a while. It seemed to take forever. and Jon Hamm seemed to be so dull and had NONE of the life and spirit our JRM has!! But...to be fair to Mad Men...Maybe I am getting old and crazy!! Maybe I have suffered TOO many hits in the head from being a shortstop and quarterback...I HOPE JRM wins!! I HOPE for season 3 The TUDORS will gain more nominations and get ALL the awards THEY DESERVE THEM ALL!!!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)