Discussion: What to you was the most disturbing scene?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 19 of 19  |  Show  posts at a time
coronation
coronation
What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 3:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 3:00 PM EDT
Hi all I have just finnished watching season 2,I was wondering what everyone thought was the most disturbing scene? I have a few but for me watching poor Mark Smeaton being tortured was the worst. Especially knowing it did really happen like that. The poor man,being associated with Anne and her friends was his only all they tried him for,and so what off it? I hate Thomas Cromwall even more after watching it-what a PIG!! Even though I know he was only going on Henrys orders. I have a few more I will rant on later I'm too riled up now!!!! 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
1. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 3:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 3:53 PM EDT
"Hi all I have just finnished watching season 2,I was wondering what everyone thought was the most disturbing scene? I have a few but for me watching poor Mark Smeaton being tortured was the worst. Especially knowing it did really happen like that. The poor man,being associated with Anne and her friends was his only all they tried him for,and so what off it? I hate Thomas Cromwall even more after watching it-what a PIG!! Even though I know he was only going on Henrys orders. I have a few more I will rant on later I'm too riled up now!!!!"
well I don't think Cromwell was going on Henry's orders....he is pretty much the architect of the fall of the Boleyn faction. Its not known for sure that Smeaton was tortured but it is more than likely since he was a commoner.

For me....the most distrubing scene and I know I have said this before....LOL...is the rape scene between George and his new wife. so unnecessary, blackens his character as a violent man and just downright nasty. I understand the writer was trying to show why she turned on him but a complete fiction and more likely due to the fact that they were in an arranged marriage of convenience. He ...a very reformist thinker and she.....from an old catholic family ....more than likely never hit it off and when the tide turned on the Boleyns...the catholic faction would have rallied her to their cause.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
coronation
coronation
2. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 4:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 4:00 PM EDT
Wow,really I thought it was a known fact Smeaton was tortured. You would wonder why did he confess if he wasnt??? Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
3. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 4:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 4:10 PM EDT
There are a few scenes that disturbed me.... the rape scene was one of them, and all the executions, but one that bothered me the most was a different one, and that was the birth of Elizabeth. Here we have the birth of a beautiful healthy baby and it should havve been a time of great joy, but instead there was no joy. Her mother was crying with disappointment and her father upon learning that he had a girl, was cold and indifferent. There was no affection and no joy....that bothered me! Although I have no children, I have seen many births and they was always joy....as it should be. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
4. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 4:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 4:24 PM EDT
"Wow,really I thought it was a known fact Smeaton was tortured. You would wonder why did he confess if he wasnt???"
well yes thats why it is believed he was tortured. The others could not be because they were nobility. Cromwell was pretty unscupulous so he probably was involved in the torture which was pretty common. But then, there are stories of Thomas More torturing a heretic at his chelsea home.

Funny I was going to say that ...of course, today we are more civilised and understand that torture does not obtain true confessions but I have actually heard a prominent Republican supporter recently state that torture is acceptable when state security is at stake. Boggles the mind.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
funrod6
funrod6
5. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 4:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 4:24 PM EDT
"Hi all I have just finnished watching season 2,I was wondering what everyone thought was the most disturbing scene? I have a few but for me watching poor Mark Smeaton being tortured was the worst. Especially knowing it did really happen like that. The poor man,being associated with Anne and her friends was his only all they tried him for,and so what off it? I hate Thomas Cromwall even more after watching it-what a PIG!! Even though I know he was only going on Henrys orders. I have a few more I will rant on later I'm too riled up now!!!!"
First - the scenes where Anne is not even Queen and KOA has not been sent away, and everyone is bowing to Anne as if she was Queen already. Even wearing royal colors before the marriage. Broke my heart to see KOA treated the way she was.

The rape scene is very disturbing to me.

The man being boiled in water.

Mary waiting on Elizabeth, and later outside her father acknowledges her with a bow......

Mores execution

offwithherhead
6. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 4:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 4:34 PM EDT
"First - the scenes where Anne is not even Queen and KOA has not been sent away, and everyone is bowing to Anne as if she was Queen already. Even wearing royal colors before the marriage. Broke my heart to see KOA treated the way she was.

The rape scene is very disturbing to me.

The man being boiled in water.

Mary waiting on Elizabeth, and later outside her father acknowledges her with a bow......

Mores execution"
Truly, all were disturbing!
Do you find this valuable?    
coronation
coronation
7. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 4:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 4:36 PM EDT
When Mary is singing to baby elizabeth only to to be scolded.

When Mary was told she would have to wait on Elizabeth.

The rape scene and the scene where George hits Jane.

Thomas More and Fishors execution.

I have to agree with funrod I hated the scenes where everyone was bowing to Anne, when Katherine was still Queen so disrespectful.

The scene where it showed Henry and Anne riding away laughing and Katherine looking on.

When Anne is looking out the window at her father and she smiles and waves but he walks on as if he hadnt seen her.

When it looked like Charles's son had stabbed him!!That freaked me out I thought it was real.

Hmm cant think on anymore just now...
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
8. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 4:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 4:45 PM EDT
"When it looked like Charles's son had stabbed him!!That freaked me out I thought it was real.
"
Yes! The writer/producer likes to surprise the audience. Like the time Brereton stabs Anne. I thought...what the heck?! now they have gone too far with dramatic license...but then she gets up and you realise it was all in Brereton's mind.
coronation
coronation
9. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 5:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 5:03 PM EDT
Oh that scene freaked me out too! I was SURE it was real!!! That Brereton was a very intense character he kind of freaked me out at times!! O/TI am watching a programme now its a bbc producton called Tess of the D'Uberevilles the guy that plays Cranmore in the Tudors is in it. Has anyone seen it?

howardfan
howardfan
10. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 5:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 5:10 PM EDT
"Yes! The writer/producer likes to surprise the audience. Like the time Brereton stabs Anne. I thought...what the heck?! now they have gone too far with dramatic license...but then she gets up and you realise it was all in Brereton's mind."
yeah thats what i dont get, why would he hate anne so much? and then be executed on terms of commiting adultery with her?
and him joining the jesuits and wanting to stay in rome...WTF wish the show had gotten their facts a little more accurate but as far as worst scenes go

Cromwell telling thomas that he dosent simply want to reform the preists, he wants to destroy them
. The accused poisoner of the bishops being boiled in water
Mary tudor talking to chapyus, and asking if the "Harlot" was dead and if the child is now a "Bastard"
Mark smeaton's torture-me cried for him (there is only an assumption that he really was tortured but it is not certain)
Thomas more's execution "i die the kings good serbant, but gods first" (Go Thomas :D )
George, brereton, smeaton and norris's executions, so bloody and the crowd were so rude
Anne in the tower crying her eyes out after seeing George die from her window

I agree with coronation....the most cringe worthy and tearful scene is when Anne looks out of the tower window and smiles at her dad. and Thomas boleyn looks down and then walks away as though she did not exist anymore.

Annes childhood flashback, as she died...being held in her fathers arms as a little girl

May she rest in peace now
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
funrod6
funrod6
11. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 1 2008, 6:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2008, 6:48 PM EDT
"yeah thats what i dont get, why would he hate anne so much? and then be executed on terms of commiting adultery with her?
and him joining the jesuits and wanting to stay in rome...WTF wish the show had gotten their facts a little more accurate but as far as worst scenes go

Cromwell telling thomas that he dosent simply want to reform the preists, he wants to destroy them
. The accused poisoner of the bishops being boiled in water
Mary tudor talking to chapyus, and asking if the "Harlot" was dead and if the child is now a "Bastard"
Mark smeaton's torture-me cried for him (there is only an assumption that he really was tortured but it is not certain)
Thomas more's execution "i die the kings good serbant, but gods first" (Go Thomas :D )
George, brereton, smeaton and norris's executions, so bloody and the crowd were so rude
Anne in the tower crying her eyes out after seeing George die from her window

I agree with coronation....the most cringe worthy and tearful scene is when Anne looks out of the tower window and smiles at her dad. and Thomas boleyn looks down and then walks away as though she did not exist anymore.

Annes childhood flashback, as she died...being held in her fathers arms as a little girl

May she rest in peace now
"
The only reason I would thin that the scene was disturbing when Mary Tudor is talking to chapyis and she asks if the child is now a bastard as she is. And he said yes. It wasnt a cruel mean think *at least not for me* But Mary was at a very precorious age. And to be stripped of your titles to make room for Anne and elizabeth. Have your mom taken away etc, I think it was probably a relief that she wasnt alone in her feelings anymore. My heart hurt for both girls.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Neveleo
Neveleo
12. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 2 2008, 1:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 2 2008, 1:50 AM EDT
All the executions - very disturbing.

Thomas More and John Fisher, John Fisher shown as a vulnerable old man who needed strength from his supporters, and the symbolic cross covered in Thomas More's blood.

The rape scene I don't like because its not based on fact and as has already been mentioned it blackens George Boleyn's name unecessarily.

The scene when KOA was dying and imagined seeing Mary - so sad I cried.

The scene where Mary is comforting baby Elizabeth and gets told off.

The MOST distrubing scene(s) for me though, were Smeaton getting tortured, followed by the exections of all five men accused of adultery with Anne Boleyn. Maybe because of the quantity and the whole goriness of it, particularly when George was executed and Anne cried like a baby - the crying seemed so real and raw. Apparently she was placed close to the executions so would have hrd, if not seen them. How awful. Even for those none AB supporters it has to be said that to witness a brother's execution, a brother who you are very close to, must be just unimaginably awful. It was also disturbing how it showed Thomas Boleyn almost in denial about t executions. The whole injustice of it all is brilliantly, and horribly, portrayed. In the past I admit I had never much thought about the poor men executed alongside AB, but this bought it home to me.

Oooh am I ranting??? I'll stop there lol!
funrod6
funrod6
13. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 2 2008, 2:10 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 2 2008, 2:10 AM EDT
"All the executions - very disturbing.

Thomas More and John Fisher, John Fisher shown as a vulnerable old man who needed strength from his supporters, and the symbolic cross covered in Thomas More's blood.

The rape scene I don't like because its not based on fact and as has already been mentioned it blackens George Boleyn's name unecessarily.

The scene when KOA was dying and imagined seeing Mary - so sad I cried.

The scene where Mary is comforting baby Elizabeth and gets told off.

The MOST distrubing scene(s) for me though, were Smeaton getting tortured, followed by the exections of all five men accused of adultery with Anne Boleyn. Maybe because of the quantity and the whole goriness of it, particularly when George was executed and Anne cried like a baby - the crying seemed so real and raw. Apparently she was placed close to the executions so would have hrd, if not seen them. How awful. Even for those none AB supporters it has to be said that to witness a brother's execution, a brother who you are very close to, must be just unimaginably awful. It was also disturbing how it showed Thomas Boleyn almost in denial about t executions. The whole injustice of it all is brilliantly, and horribly, portrayed. In the past I admit I had never much thought about the poor men executed alongside AB, but this bought it home to me.

Oooh am I ranting??? I'll stop there lol!"
well you know Im not a fan of AB. But I did cry watching the men be executed. And cried harder when she waved to her father and he just turned and walked away.
Neveleo
Neveleo
14. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 2 2008, 2:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 2 2008, 2:18 AM EDT
"well you know Im not a fan of AB. But I did cry watching the men be executed. And cried harder when she waved to her father and he just turned and walked away. "
Yes, I know times were different then, especially for nobility, but what kind of father..... I just can't imagine it - what a horrible way to be. Her tears when GB was beheaded really got to me though, one of Natalie Dormer's best scenes, acting wise, I thought.
Thomas Boleyn = horrible man not worthy to be called a father!! Ooh it makes me sooooooooo mad!!!
Shadow_in_the_Sun
Shadow_in_the_Sun
15. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 3 2008, 9:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 3 2008, 9:20 AM EDT
"Oh that scene freaked me out too! I was SURE it was real!!! That Brereton was a very intense character he kind of freaked me out at times!! O/TI am watching a programme now its a bbc producton called Tess of the D'Uberevilles the guy that plays Cranmore in the Tudors is in it. Has anyone seen it?

"
Yes! Hans Matheson, yum.

For me, the most disturbing scenes were:

- The rape scene between George Boleyn and Jane Parker (I agree with MsSquirrly, it was an unnecessary blackening of George's character)
- The chef boiling
- The executions of George, Norris, Brereton, Smeaton... with Thomas Wyatt's poem being recited as the background
coronation
coronation
16. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 3 2008, 9:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 3 2008, 9:27 AM EDT
What do you think of it? I like it the girl who plays Tess is a good actress. Do you find this valuable?    
funrod6
funrod6
17. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 3 2008, 10:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 3 2008, 10:25 AM EDT
"Yes! Hans Matheson, yum.

For me, the most disturbing scenes were:

- The rape scene between George Boleyn and Jane Parker (I agree with MsSquirrly, it was an unnecessary blackening of George's character)
- The chef boiling
- The executions of George, Norris, Brereton, Smeaton... with Thomas Wyatt's poem being recited as the background"
is there a book of his poetry out for publication ?
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
18. RE: What to you was the most disturbing scene?
Oct 3 2008, 12:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 3 2008, 12:04 PM EDT
"is there a book of his poetry out for publication ?"
You mean Thomas Wyatt's?

Check out the poetry page here on the wiki : http://tudorswiki.sho.com/page/Thomas+Wyatt%27s+Poetry+Page

Most of his well known poems are on the page but also it mentions publications at the end of the page.