Discussion: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 40 of 101  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last
hohumpigsbum
hohumpigsbum
20. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Dec 22 2008, 2:06 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2008, 2:06 AM EST
Hes actually decendaed from her from BOTH his parents, as both Charles and Diana are and were her dsecndants 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Boudica
Boudica
21. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Dec 22 2008, 3:57 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2008, 3:57 AM EST
"If people wish to find out more...Prince William is also a descendent of Catherine of Aragon and Anne of Cleves. William descends from Catherine's sister Joan of Castile and Anne's brother William of Cleves. "
Prince William is also a descendant of Catherine Willoughby the wife of Charles Brandon, who remarried after Brandon died and gave birth to his maternal ancestor Peregrine Bertie, so he's related to a bunch of interesting Tudor personalities!
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
hohumpigsbum
hohumpigsbum
22. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Dec 22 2008, 4:21 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2008, 4:21 AM EST
"Prince William is also a descendant of Catherine Willoughby the wife of Charles Brandon, who remarried after Brandon died and gave birth to his maternal ancestor Peregrine Bertie, so he's related to a bunch of interesting Tudor personalities!"
Which makes hima decendent of Maria de Salinas, best friend of KOA
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

LuvTudors824
23. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Feb 16 2009, 12:29 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 16 2009, 12:29 PM EST
"Yes and No, William will not be the first, Queen Elizabeth I and her son Charles the Prince of Wales are also descendants of Mary Boleyn because the late queen mother, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, was also a descendant of Mary Boleyn. So technically William will NOT be the first Boleyn descendant on the throne of England. "
Sorry to correct... BUT... Elizabeth II is the mother of Prince Charles, not Elizabeth I and so said... Elizabeth I was the daughter of Anne Boleyn and Thomas Boleyn had to wait no more than a single generation to see <he died before that tho> one of his decendants on the throne.. I have seen that timeline before and it is very interesting, with so many interesting characters from histroy connected to it...
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Boudica
Boudica
25. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Feb 17 2009, 3:48 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 17 2009, 3:48 AM EST
""Yes and No, William will not be the first, Queen Elizabeth I and her son Charles the Prince of Wales are also descendants of Mary Boleyn because the late queen mother, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, was also a descendant of Mary Boleyn. So technically William will NOT be the first Boleyn descendant on the throne of England. "
Sorry to correct... BUT... Elizabeth II is the mother of Prince Charles, not Elizabeth I and so said... Elizabeth I was the daughter of Anne Boleyn and Thomas Boleyn had to wait no more than a single generation to see <he died before that tho> one of his decendants on the throne.. I have seen that timeline before and it is very interesting, with so many interesting characters from histroy connected to it..."
That was a typo, which I tried to clarify in the second post after the one you qutoed. I was thinking of both Elizabeth R's at the time because I wanted to clarify with my "yes and no" response that "yes" Thomas Boleyn would have a modern descendant inheriting the throne, but "no" it would not be the first time. I got mixed up and put "I" instead of "II", and since wetpaint doesn't allow edits after you post, I would have to delete and then retype, that's why I reposted a clarification post after the original.
Yes, I'm aware Charles Windsor is not the son of Elizabeth Tudor, that would have been something very strange indeed!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
GoldenAged.ER
GoldenAged.ER
26. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Mar 27 2009, 1:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2009, 1:14 PM EDT
Um, wasn't Elizabeth on the throne? She was a Boleyn. Or are we not counting women? 1  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
Boudica
Boudica
27. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Mar 27 2009, 3:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2009, 3:50 PM EDT
"Um, wasn't Elizabeth on the throne? She was a Boleyn. Or are we not counting women?"
Read post #4.
Do you find this valuable?    
Anne'sCurls
Anne'sCurls
28. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Mar 27 2009, 6:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2009, 6:18 PM EDT
HaHa the Boleyn's and Seymours...won and Henry lost 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
darrrrksunshine
darrrrksunshine
29. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Mar 29 2009, 8:28 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2009, 8:28 AM EDT
"this is so cool I can't believe it. That Charles Brandon got around too. OMG this huge. This made my day. I wonder if "eliminating" obstacles for remarrying is also inherited?? I have never believed Princess Diana was in an accident. Too coincidental. She was the most protected celebrity in the world.
"
I don't see why Princess Diana dying in a car accident is so unbelieveable. People die in car accidents a lot. It is pretty common. Maybe someone can enlighten me on the conspiracy story.

BTW, I am not trying to be disrespectful, just curious what evidence is there that she was killed intentionally?
darrrrksunshine
darrrrksunshine
30. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Mar 29 2009, 8:31 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2009, 8:31 AM EDT
" I do not think The Prince Charles did away with Diana. I think his Mother "cleared the way, for him to be with his love, once Lady Diana provided the necessary 2 legitimate male heirs, Harry being a spare. Just because this can't be proved, doesn't make me believe it didn't happen. I'm sure Q Elizabeth II, can arrange anything better than the CIA, and not get caught.This is just my opinion."
I am sorry, but I can't imagine a grandmother wanting to kill the mother of her grandchildren. Surely she would not want her grandchildren to have to endure the pain of losing their mother?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Anne'sCurls
Anne'sCurls
31. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Mar 29 2009, 9:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2009, 9:27 AM EDT
The Diana conspiracy theories are just getting annoying now. What everyone is forgetting is that although the royal family had difficulties with Diana they, especially Charles, still loved her as the mother of William and Harry. Do you find this valuable?    

silversummer
32. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
May 19 2009, 3:38 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2009, 3:38 PM EDT
not to mention he is traced all the way back to king henry the vii, henry the viii father, through his mother dianna, also mary of guisse , kings of scotland, and so on. i think dianna has more true royal blood then charles 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

silversummer
33. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
May 19 2009, 3:51 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2009, 3:51 PM EDT
jane seymore was anne boleyns second cousin and catherine howards first cousin so three of his wives were related 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
tudorcrazy
tudorcrazy
34. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
May 19 2009, 5:02 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2009, 5:02 PM EDT
Yes, I have seen lots of geneological charts, and most people think Mary Boleyn's son Henry was his. It is a mystery, why he didn't claim him, as he did Henry Fitzroy, but it really makes sense, as Mary was with him for some time, and it's doubtful she would cheat on the king, as her parents set the whole affair up.However, I believ e there is yet another link through Brandon's line. Yes, there is Tudor blood ther, and YES, I think William will be king, as Prince Charles will be passed over, due to divorce, even if he becomes king, william will outlive him, hopefully. Unless something happens to him. WOW yes the Tudors will reign again. Do you find this valuable?    
tudorcrazy
tudorcrazy
35. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
May 19 2009, 5:08 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2009, 5:08 PM EDT
as always Boudica you know your stuff, but I agree, as I to have read all about Willoughby, and Mary B. And Yes, William won't be the first, but he will be one of the best. Henry would be spinning in his grave, to think his line was continued through Mary Boleyn, or Suffolks wife's son! So much for his boy. Do you find this valuable?    
tudorcrazy
tudorcrazy
36. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
May 20 2009, 2:04 PM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2009, 2:04 PM EDT
"I am sorry, but I can't imagine a grandmother wanting to kill the mother of her grandchildren. Surely she would not want her grandchildren to have to endure the pain of losing their mother? Omg She had every reason. they were divorced. she was with an Arab, the 2 heirs were born, her husband lPRINCE CHARLES Loved someone with more royal lines, and the people loved Diana, not Charles. It's not like that those boys saw their mother after they were through teir childhood. No they were raised by nanny's prep schools, same way royals are always raised. You just don't believe it because QE2 is a woman, and modern. No . She would do anything for her son Charles, and Diana had no purpose anymore. but a source of jealousy and embarrassment.Sorry Brits, no insult intended. BUT THAT BOY WILL BE KING.!"
You can't imagine that?? are you watching the tudors, hello Henry kills his wife, the mother of his daughter, shuns Princess Mary for her whole childhood, and then kills Kitty Howard who is a teenager. Of course she would, the question is why wouldn't she? Omg
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Anne'sCurls
Anne'sCurls
37. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jan 23 2010, 1:54 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2010, 1:54 PM EST
"You can't imagine that?? are you watching the tudors, hello Henry kills his wife, the mother of his daughter, shuns Princess Mary for her whole childhood, and then kills Kitty Howard who is a teenager. Of course she would, the question is why wouldn't she? Omg"
Um ok, wait a minute, Henry killing his wives is different than any power Queen Elizabeth II has. I essentially just call her a high priced pageant queen.
And why is everyone saying WIlliam is descended from the Boleyn's? Is his little brother not a descendant as well? Also so not only are WIlliam and Harry Boleyn's and Seymour's but related to Catherine Howard and ANne of Cleves? Good gracious!

angelwand
38. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jan 24 2010, 4:38 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 4:38 AM EST
"Um ok, wait a minute, Henry killing his wives is different than any power Queen Elizabeth II has. I essentially just call her a high priced pageant queen.
And why is everyone saying WIlliam is descended from the Boleyn's? Is his little brother not a descendant as well? Also so not only are WIlliam and Harry Boleyn's and Seymour's but related to Catherine Howard and ANne of Cleves? Good gracious!"
Yes Harry has exactly the same blood lines and surely the coindence that he was christened "HENRY " hasnt been lost on everyone here that he is 2nd behind his brother to the throne , just as Henry the 8th was !.. and that red hair .. plus the huge number of boleyn / henry 8th blood lines came together with Diana father and to compair pictures of Earl Spencer and Henry the 8th are uncanny . Yes the queen was via her mother the first royal with some of that boleyn blood line in , but its tiny compaired with Diana's !. There is no dout in my mind that Diana was selected for her bloodline , after her sisters showed no interest in Charles . All that she did to Charles he so rightly deserved because he knew he was marrying for that reaso and not love and all Diana wanted and needed was love !( yes i know not uncommon in the royal household !)... Anyway i agree with so many here , But despite her early death Diana gets the LAST LAUGH her boys will be in charge soon . I give you a date 25th December 2012 !!!!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
henry's7thwife
henry's7thwife
39. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jan 24 2010, 4:42 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 4:42 AM EST
"sorry. I meant she had her own cia, and I bet they only worked for her. Why would dhe hurt her? because her son was unhappy, and they struck a barbrgin when he married di. Children. and then you get your reward. In oing so Charles abicated to William. and the boy gets what is rightfully his in the end. MoM isn't caught, and Dody Fared wiped out. Diana did a lot of embarrassing things to Charles, not that he didnt desearve it. The publicity, the notoriety, the divorce, her affairs, I'm sure E II hated all that."
Elizabeth II does not run a lawless country. Her actions are closely scrutinised, as was her husband's at the time of Diana's death.

It is common knowledge that EII hated her daughter-in-law, but it is taking it too far to say what you are saying!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
jrmslady09
jrmslady09
40. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jan 24 2010, 4:44 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2010, 4:44 AM EST
tell me about it i mean you never know sometimes who your relations are even if they are distant ones and it is always unique to find who you might be related to!!! 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)