Discussion: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 101  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 4 5 | Next > Last
Ciere
Ciere
Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 17 2008, 5:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 17 2008, 5:55 PM EDT
Is this real? I found a link to this while I was doing the random internet research I usually get into. It was in a thread on a Philippa Gregory readers' group site. If it's true it will be pretty amazing.

Mary Boleyn
1500-1543
|
|
Henry Carey
Baron Hunsdon
1526-1596
|
|
The Hon. Catherine Carey
|
|
William Howard
Baron Howard of Effingham
1577-1615
|
|
Elizabeth Howard
|
|
John Mordaunt
Viscount Mordaunt
1626-1675
|
|
Charles Mordaunt
3rd Earl of Peterborough, 1st Earl of Monmouth
1658-1735
|
|
Lady Henrietta Mordaunt
1682-1760
|
|
Cosmo George Gordon
3rd Duke of Gordon
1721-1752
|
|
Alexander Gordon
4th Duke of Gordon
1743-1827
|
|
Lady Georgiana Gordon
1781-1853
|
|
Lady Louisa Jane Russell
1812-1905
|
|
James Hamilton
2nd Duke of Abercorn
1838-1913
|
|
James Albert Edward Hamilton
3rd Duke of Abercorn
1869-1953
|
|
Lady Cynthia Hamilton
1897-1972
|
|
Edward John Spencer
8th Earl Spencer
1924-1992
|
|
Lady Diana Spencer
1961-1997
|
|
Prince William of Wales
Prince of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
1982-

SO - Thomas Boleyn may get his wish - hundreds of years in the future. Someone of their line on the throne finally!
72  out of 74 found this valuable. Do you?    
leeblewb
leeblewb
1. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 18 2008, 3:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 18 2008, 3:56 AM EDT
I don't know if it is true or not. I will research it. It would be kinda cool though.

Although, according to Philipa Gregory, Henry Carey is also King Henry's son, so then that would actually put a Tudor back on the throne. (This is not however accepted as fact)
7  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    
Boudica
Boudica
2. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 18 2008, 4:29 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2009, 3:52 PM EDT
"SO - Thomas Boleyn may get his wish - hundreds of years in the future. Someone of their line on the throne finally!"
It is true, and Diana and Wililam are not the only famous descentants of Mary Boleyn, there's also Charles Darwin, Winston Churchil, PG Woodhouse, and Sarah the Duchess of York, just to name a few. Aside from Mary Boleyn another famous ancestor of Diana and William is Catherine Willoughby, the last wife of Charles Brandon. Willoughby is the ancestress of William and Diana through her son by her second husband Richard Bertie (see her character page on this wiki for more information http://tudorswiki.sho.com/page/Catherine+Brandon ). Willoughby's mother was a Spanish lady in waiting to Katherine of Aragon, and her family, the "de Salinas", we actually converted Jews. So William and Diana through Catherine Willoughby have Spanish and Jewish ancestry, very fascinating... as well!

"SO - Thomas Boleyn may get his wish - hundreds of years in the future. Someone of their line on the throne finally!"
Yes and No, William will not be the first, Queen Elizabeth II and her son Charles the Prince of Wales are also descendants of Mary Boleyn because the late queen mother, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, was also a descendant of Mary Boleyn. So technically William will NOT be the first Boleyn descendant on the throne of England.

It is the current monarch of England the fufillment of Thomas Boleyn's wish - Elizabeth II (fittingly enough another monarch from their line with the name Elizabeth!)
22  out of 25 found this valuable. Do you?    
Boudica
Boudica
3. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 18 2008, 4:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 18 2008, 4:37 AM EDT
"I don't know if it is true or not. I will research it. It would be kinda cool though.

Although, according to Philipa Gregory, Henry Carey is also King Henry's son, so then that would actually put a Tudor back on the throne. (This is not however accepted as fact) "
Well the geneology of Mary Boleyn to Diana Spencer is fact, the paternity of Henry Carey being Henry VIII is fiction on Gregory's part.
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
Boudica
Boudica
4. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 18 2008, 5:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 18 2008, 5:11 AM EDT
Just to clarify Elizabeth II was the first descentant of Mary Boleyn to be on the throne of England. Elizabeth I was the first descendant of Anne Boleyn to be on the throne. So Thomas had descendants from two daughters on the throne so far. 11  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    
Ciere
Ciere
5. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 18 2008, 9:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 18 2008, 9:32 PM EDT
Yup :) I just meant that it's kind of cool that it's so far in the future.

Good to get it clarified.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
tudorcrazy
tudorcrazy
6. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 20 2008, 2:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 20 2008, 2:18 PM EDT
"Just to clarify Elizabeth II was the first descentant of Mary Boleyn to be on the throne of England. Elizabeth I was the first descendant of Anne Boleyn to be on the throne. So Thomas had descendants from two daughters on the throne so far."
this is so cool I can't believe it. That Charles Brandon got around too. OMG this huge. This made my day. I wonder if "eliminating" obstacles for remarrying is also inherited?? I have never believed Princess Diana was in an accident. Too coincidental. She was the most protected celebrity in the world.
Also, the English people have never loved Camilla Bowles, and they certainly hated Anne, compared to Queen Katherine. A very similar situation. There is no doubt in my mind that Prince William will be king, passing over his Father. I do not think The Prince Charles did away with Diana. I think his Mother "cleared the way, for him to be with his love, once Lady Diana provided the necessary 2 legitimate male heirs, Harry being a spare. Just because this can't be proved, doesn't make me believe it didn't happen. I'm sure Q Elizabeth II, can arrange anything better than the CIA, and not get caught.This is just my opinion.
7  out of 26 found this valuable. Do you?    
Boudica
Boudica
7. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 20 2008, 2:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 20 2008, 2:56 PM EDT
"this is so cool I can't believe it. That Charles Brandon got around too. OMG this huge. This made my day. I wonder if "eliminating" obstacles for remarrying is also inherited?? I have never believed Princess Diana was in an accident. Too coincidental. She was the most protected celebrity in the world.
Also, the English people have never loved Camilla Bowles, and they certainly hated Anne, compared to Queen Katherine. A very similar situation. There is no doubt in my mind that Prince William will be king, passing over his Father. I do not think The Prince Charles did away with Diana. I think his Mother "cleared the way, for him to be with his love, once Lady Diana provided the necessary 2 legitimate male heirs, Harry being a spare. Just because this can't be proved, doesn't make me believe it didn't happen. I'm sure Q Elizabeth II, can arrange anything better than the CIA, and not get caught.This is just my opinion."
Season 2 definately encorporated a few Diana-Charles-Camilia modern love triangle similarities in the script. Like the line "You can't have 3 people in a marriage" was taken from one of Diana's last interviews (curiously they had Anne say it though, since she would equal the "Camila" as she is "the other woman").
I highly doubt Charles and the rest of the royal family had anything to do with the death of Diana - Why would they hurt the mother of Harry and William? I don't think the Windsors are capable of something that cold hearted despite how people view them. And why would the Queen of England get the CIA involved?!?! You'd think she'd have her own country's spy agency involved rather than the Americans.
7  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
Ciere
Ciere
8. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 20 2008, 7:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 20 2008, 7:23 PM EDT
Mmm. No I don't think Elizabeth II would have done it. She would have preferred Diana to a divorcee I think. I don't even think Charles was involved. No, I think it is as it is said - paparazzi, and a tragic accident. Mind you how could it be proven? 7  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
tudorcrazy
tudorcrazy
9. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 21 2008, 12:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2008, 12:50 AM EDT
"Season 2 definately encorporated a few Diana-Charles-Camilia modern love triangle similarities in the script. Like the line "You can't have 3 people in a marriage" was taken from one of Diana's last interviews (curiously they had Anne say it though, since she would equal the "Camila" as she is "the other woman").
I highly doubt Charles and the rest of the royal family had anything to do with the death of Diana - Why would they hurt the mother of Harry and William? I don't think the Windsors are capable of something that cold hearted despite how people view them. And why would the Queen of England get the CIA involved?!?! You'd think she'd have her own country's spy agency involved rather than the Americans."
sorry. I meant she had her own cia, and I bet they only worked for her. Why would dhe hurt her? because her son was unhappy, and they struck a barbrgin when he married di. Children. and then you get your reward. In oing so Charles abicated to William. and the boy gets what is rightfully his in the end. MoM isn't caught, and Dody Fared wiped out. Diana did a lot of embarrassing things to Charles, not that he didnt desearve it. The publicity, the notoriety, the divorce, her affairs, I'm sure E II hated all that.
0  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
10. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 21 2008, 5:51 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2008, 5:51 AM EDT
I didn't see the parallel with the Diana/Camilla/Charles triangle and the Anne/Katherine/Henry triangle. The only common denominator was that they are royals. Charles & Camilla were an item BEFORE he married Diana and he always loved her making Diana just a perfect "virgin" of blue blood to be the mother of Charle's heirs. Henry met Anne AFTER he had been married some time to Katherine who was in fact the perfect candidate being of blue blood to be the mother of Henry's heirs. Of course, the problem was that there was one miscarriage after another and one dissappointing (in Henry's eyes) female heir.

Honestly I know Michael Hirst got all excited because he saw parallels but it really isnt the same situation and using the same lines just seemed like a cheap way of getting the audience to relate to a modern situation. It was just jarringly wrong because it would have been Katherine saying it...not Anne.

As for the idea that the Queen or Charles had anything to do with murdering Diana,....it just doesnt make sense. Charles & Diana were already split up......the embarassments had already happened....spilled milk. Murdering her wouldn't change anything except deprive her sons of a mother and I believe those two boys are well-loved by both their father and grandmother and they would never do that.
11  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
tudorcrazy
tudorcrazy
11. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 21 2008, 6:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2008, 6:33 AM EDT
"I didn't see the parallel with the Diana/Camilla/Charles triangle and the Anne/Katherine/Henry triangle. The only common denominator was that they are royals. Charles & Camilla were an item BEFORE he married Diana and he always loved her making Diana just a perfect "virgin" of blue blood to be the mother of Charle's heirs. Henry met Anne AFTER he had been married some time to Katherine who was in fact the perfect candidate being of blue blood to be the mother of Henry's heirs. Of course, the problem was that there was one miscarriage after another and one dissappointing (in Henry's eyes) female heir.

Honestly I know Michael Hirst got all excited because he saw parallels but it really isnt the same situation and using the same lines just seemed like a cheap way of getting the audience to relate to a modern situation. It was just jarringly wrong because it would have been Katherine saying it...not Anne.

As for the idea that the Queen or Charles had anything to do with murdering Diana,....it just doesnt make sense. Charles & Diana were already split up......the embarassments had already happened....spilled milk. Murdering her wouldn't change anything except deprive her sons of a mother and I believe those two boys are well-loved by both their father and grandmother and they would never do that."
I really hope your right. However, I think although the situation isn't the same, the need for a legitimite heir was crucial. Camila was divorced so she could never have the legitimate heir. Also, I think the royals were horrified with Diana being involved with Dodi, an Arab. There was also a great deal of jeolousy between the family and Diana, as even after the divorce, she remained the "people's Princess." Certainly, that was the situation after Henry divorced Katherine. The people adored her, and never really accepted Anne with the same love and respect. Yes, there are definitely parallels in my mind, but of course, we'll never know will we??
Just like we'll never know so much about the Tudors, Anne in particular, as Henry tried to obliterate her. I say this out of deep respect for everyone's opinion here, but I always get the chills over this, although I am not a Brit. However, after watching the Tudors, I can really empathize with the special place the people of England hold for their Monarchy. They are their superstars, and I suppose Henry the VIII was a superstar in the context of his time frame.
2  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
Boudica
Boudica
12. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 21 2008, 6:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2008, 6:48 AM EDT
"As for the idea that the Queen or Charles had anything to do with murdering Diana,....it just doesnt make sense. Charles & Diana were already split up......the embarassments had already happened....spilled milk. Murdering her wouldn't change anything except deprive her sons of a mother and I believe those two boys are well-loved by both their father and grandmother and they would never do that."
And besides all of that, Elizabeth II is a grandmother who loves her grandsons, I do not believe she would hurt them by hurting Diana in that way.
9  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
tudorcrazy
tudorcrazy
13. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Jul 21 2008, 11:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 21 2008, 11:25 AM EDT
"And besides all of that, Elizabeth II is a grandmother who loves her grandsons, I do not believe she would hurt them by hurting Diana in that way. "
I hope your right for those boys sake. Henry loved his kids too but beheaded their mother. Of course QE2 is much more modern, and I think she does love the boys, but royalty lives such a different life. I feel sooo bad for them. They can never stop being who they are genetically, and I would never want to be any of them. I think they have missed so much intimacy that regular people can have.
2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

angelwand
14. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Aug 24 2008, 12:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 24 2008, 12:45 PM EDT
he isnt just a descendant from just one branch but many ,I found 4 links from mary boleyns children to Diana through different bloodline they all lead to Diana , plus also the link from Elizabeth bowes lyons , the Queens mother , making Elizabeth II , the first royal with Tudor blood in 350 on the throne since Elizabeth I. but with William the Tudor bloodline is Amazing !! 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Tudorprincess
Tudorprincess
15. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Aug 24 2008, 1:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 24 2008, 1:28 PM EDT
Prince William is also a descendant of Edward Seymour. His son, Edward Earl of Hertford married Lady Katherine Grey, who as you all know was the granddaughter of Charles Brandon and Mary Tudor, and their family are the ancestors of the Spencers.

So the Seymour and Boleyn families are now joined together lol!!!

Here's the website with the Spencer family tree and how Diana's and Charles's family lines merged http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/polcrt/SpencerTree.html
11  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    
DuchessGrey
DuchessGrey
16. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Nov 8 2008, 4:26 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 8 2008, 4:26 PM EST
It is no surprise. The royals and nobles intermarried quite often. William also descends from Catherine Carey (the daughter of Mary Boleyn), as did the Queen Mother, through Lettice Knollys (Mary Boleyn's granddaughter). So, if one chooses to believe the Carey children were actually fathered by Henry VIII than his descendents now sit on the British throne. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Lady_Kathrin
Lady_Kathrin
17. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Nov 8 2008, 4:39 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 8 2008, 4:39 PM EST
All I can say is this: WOW! This is amazing!
I love geneology!
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
DuchessGrey
DuchessGrey
18. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Nov 8 2008, 4:47 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 8 2008, 4:47 PM EST
If people wish to find out more...Prince William is also a descendent of Catherine of Aragon and Anne of Cleves. William descends from Catherine's sister Joan of Castile and Anne's brother William of Cleves. 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
jmccoy5712
jmccoy5712
19. RE: Prince William - a descendant of Mary Boleyn?
Dec 21 2008, 9:04 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2008, 9:04 PM EST
With family trees so extensive I bet if all of us could find every past ancestor we are probably all related in some way :-)

5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)