Discussion: Fat HenryReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 89  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 4 5 | Next
Gigigirl2
Gigigirl2
Fat Henry
Apr 22 2008, 3:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 22 2008, 3:14 PM EDT
When are we going to see Henry get fat? He'd be porky - sorry - portly by now; this guy is like an adonis. Is he going to be one of these actors like Robert Deneiro or Toni Collette who gains 100 pounds for a role? 1  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Fat Henry
Holly2
Holly2
1. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 25 2008, 8:43 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 25 2008, 8:43 AM EDT
"When are we going to see Henry get fat? He'd be porky - sorry - portly by now; this guy is like an adonis. Is he going to be one of these actors like Robert Deneiro or Toni Collette who gains 100 pounds for a role?"
He'll need to gain more than a hundred pounds.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SemperEadem
SemperEadem
2. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 28 2008, 5:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 28 2008, 5:50 PM EDT
"He'll need to gain more than a hundred pounds."
I've always admired actors who changed their appearance for a part, but I'm not sure it is possible for JRM healthwise to take on the bulk of Henry VIII. I mean, the man had to use equipment to seat himself onto his horse as he got older. Methinks a special suit might be in order...

xmmwx
3. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 28 2008, 6:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 28 2008, 6:19 PM EDT
NO offense..I know Henry was thought to be a much BIGGER person..but, JRM is just looks really good this season..(To me at least..) I personally hope they don't change him... Do you find this valuable?    
antoinette2
antoinette2
4. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 29 2008, 6:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 29 2008, 6:10 PM EDT
"When are we going to see Henry get fat? He'd be porky - sorry - portly by now; this guy is like an adonis. Is he going to be one of these actors like Robert Deneiro or Toni Collette who gains 100 pounds for a role?"
Gosh, although I agree with you historically, to see that cutie JRD turn into porchinno does not make me so happy. Can't they just put him in a fat suit. LOL. All the cuties in fat suits for the rest of the series...And what about his continuously ulcerated leg!!!!!!? Eeeooowww.
Do you find this valuable?    

xmmwx
5. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 30 2008, 4:35 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2008, 4:35 AM EDT
I DOUBT they will do anything with him..for one reason and one reason only..No one is going to want to watch a nasty looking Henry get it on with all the women he does..They want to pull people INTO the series..not put them off..In the Producers minds..Sex Sells..and Henrying looking like a whale won't sell. Do you find this valuable?    

aragon77
6. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 30 2008, 8:35 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2008, 8:35 AM EDT
"I DOUBT they will do anything with him..for one reason and one reason only..No one is going to want to watch a nasty looking Henry get it on with all the women he does..They want to pull people INTO the series..not put them off..In the Producers minds..Sex Sells..and Henrying looking like a whale won't sell."
I was thinking that myself. I read somewhere that JRM would be back in Ireland in mid June for season 3. If they have to I am hoping they slap a pillow or two on him b/c I love JRM for the part. I can see them keeping him just the way he is for ratings.
antoinette2
antoinette2
7. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 30 2008, 8:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2008, 8:47 AM EDT
"If they have to I am hoping they slap a pillow or two on him b/c I love JRM for the part. I can see them keeping him just the way he is for ratings. "
Aragon 77, I had to chuckle reading your post. It's true that despite the fact we all know Henry turns into a fat pig, we all want our romantic illusions and to keep JRM in all his handsome gloriousness while he continues to jump the bones of all those women! JRM does truly capture the spirit, intensity and the inpredictabilty of Henry's famous wrath even though he's a lot cuter doing it.

aragon77
8. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 30 2008, 9:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2008, 9:03 AM EDT
"Aragon 77, I had to chuckle reading your post. It's true that despite the fact we all know Henry turns into a fat pig, we all want our romantic illusions and to keep JRM in all his handsome gloriousness while he continues to jump the bones of all those women! JRM does truly capture the spirit, intensity and the inpredictabilty of Henry's famous wrath even though he's a lot cuter doing it."
LOL. I am in Indiana (Yuk), and I have ATT uverse TV with Sho on demand, but for some reason it did not populate episode 5, so I went to my best friends house to see it she has another cable network...anyway...I remember telling her dam JRM looks like a sexy vampire or something please come bite my neck. JRM is really up for the part all of them. I love him as King.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

xmmwx
9. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 30 2008, 12:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2008, 12:06 PM EDT
Yes..I have to agree completely..He really has captured the "essence" of Henry..and he is starting to show him be a little more human..and he just looks so good this season. Not that he didn't last season..but, this year, they have "aged" him with the small beard and have let his hair grow a bit..and I definitely agree Antoinette2..He definiately is a lot cuter doing it as he is doing it now.... If they slap a pillow on him that would make the love scenes difficult to film..Unless they used a body double? Well, Henry being a fat pig is a part of history, I'd rather NOT remember..Haha.. Do you find this valuable?    

MerryE
10. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 30 2008, 3:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2008, 3:18 PM EDT
I've just added an alternate version of the famous Holbein portrait of King Henry with JRM's face to the King Henry VIII page one here. Have a peek at a gouty Rhys Meyers to satisfy the curiosity.

Methinks we shall not be seeing it on Showtime!
antoinette2
antoinette2
11. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 30 2008, 3:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2008, 3:50 PM EDT
"I've just added an alternate version of the famous Holbein portrait of King Henry with JRM's face to the King Henry VIII page one here. Have a peek at a gouty Rhys Meyers to satisfy the curiosity.

Methinks we shall not be seeing it on Showtime!"
Oh my goodness. That is terrible to behold. Yukk. The face is disturbing. Good job! LOL
SemperEadem
SemperEadem
12. RE: Fat Henry
Apr 30 2008, 4:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 30 2008, 4:16 PM EDT
"I've just added an alternate version of the famous Holbein portrait of King Henry with JRM's face to the King Henry VIII page one here. Have a peek at a gouty Rhys Meyers to satisfy the curiosity.

Methinks we shall not be seeing it on Showtime!"
Yikes. He looks like he could eat someone at any moment.

xmmwx
13. RE: Fat Henry
May 1 2008, 4:12 AM EDT | Post edited: May 1 2008, 4:12 AM EDT
I couldn't find it..but, that's okay...Part of the reason I watch this show is because JRM reminds me of my husband..and even more so this year (my husband has a little beard like him..but, has brown eyes..) Also, myhusband is slender but, muscular like JRM..IF I see what he looks like PORTLY or whatever..I may never want to look at him again..HAHAHA..(My husband that is..I wouldn't stop watching the show!!) Do you find this valuable?    

aragon77
14. RE: Fat Henry
May 1 2008, 7:20 AM EDT | Post edited: May 1 2008, 7:20 AM EDT
"I couldn't find it..but, that's okay...Part of the reason I watch this show is because JRM reminds me of my husband..and even more so this year (my husband has a little beard like him..but, has brown eyes..) Also, myhusband is slender but, muscular like JRM..IF I see what he looks like PORTLY or whatever..I may never want to look at him again..HAHAHA..(My husband that is..I wouldn't stop watching the show!!)"
LOL, WOW your husband looks like JRM, lucky you!!!! Go girl.
MsSquirrly
MsSquirrly
15. RE: Fat Henry
May 1 2008, 7:26 AM EDT | Post edited: May 1 2008, 7:26 AM EDT
"I couldn't find it..but, that's okay"
Its at the bottom of this page :
http://tudorswiki.sho.com/page/King+Henry+VIII

I have to say its hard to tell that its JRM ...the face isnt that clear

aragon77
16. RE: Fat Henry
May 1 2008, 7:33 AM EDT | Post edited: May 1 2008, 7:33 AM EDT
"Its at the bottom of this page :
http://tudorswiki.sho.com/page/King+Henry+VIII

I have to say its hard to tell that its JRM ...the face isnt that clear"
Thanks I was wondering where they were talking about the pic was too.
Antoinette99
Antoinette99
17. RE: Fat Henry
May 1 2008, 9:07 AM EDT | Post edited: May 1 2008, 9:07 AM EDT
Personally, I want to see him in a portly state. I want this show to be more realistic and accurate. If he was a fat tyrant in real life, I want to see it on the show. He is such an Oligarch and so abusive to everybody. It would be more realistic to see his ulcerated leg and see him carried around on a crate. It kind of shows the depression he went through after killing all of the people he truly loved--More, Boleyn. I believe he paid a huge personal price in life for killing his close friends and family. I believe he ate his way to oblivion to not remember all of the horrible things he had done to people. I think he was truly depressed and depraved for his acts and I would like to see the real demise. If he lived today and did all of these things he would be looked upon at as an insane dictator much like Hussein. Do you find this valuable?    
antoinette2
antoinette2
18. RE: Fat Henry
May 1 2008, 11:32 AM EDT | Post edited: May 1 2008, 11:32 AM EDT
"Part of the reason I watch this show is because JRM reminds me of my husband..and even more so this year..."
If your husband looks like JRM, you are making me jealous. I would outfit him in all those great Tudor clothes!
SemperEadem
SemperEadem
19. RE: Fat Henry
May 1 2008, 11:38 AM EDT | Post edited: May 1 2008, 11:38 AM EDT
"Personally, I want to see him in a portly state. I want this show to be more realistic and accurate. If he was a fat tyrant in real life, I want to see it on the show. He is such an Oligarch and so abusive to everybody. It would be more realistic to see his ulcerated leg and see him carried around on a crate. It kind of shows the depression he went through after killing all of the people he truly loved--More, Boleyn. I believe he paid a huge personal price in life for killing his close friends and family. I believe he ate his way to oblivion to not remember all of the horrible things he had done to people. I think he was truly depressed and depraved for his acts and I would like to see the real demise. If he lived today and did all of these things he would be looked upon at as an insane dictator much like Hussein. "
I think you are right and that this shows an interesting psychological viewpoint of Henry. After some of his ordered beheadings, he was known to have cried weeks later about why that person left them. Not stable, and I think the weight was definitely a part of an odd kind of remorse.
2 3 4 5 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)