| Ten BEST moments in "the Tudors" |
10. The arm wrestling match between Henry and Charles.
9. Henry & Thomas More on the boat discussing whether it is better for a king to loved or feared.
8. Henry's "dream" of chasing Anne & her asking him to seduce her with poems.
7.Henry vaulting into a mud puddle.
6. When Anne "invites" Henry to find a ribbon in her dress.
5. Cardinal Wolsey's final moments
4.The wrestling match between Henry and Francis and Thomas More's subsequent "handling" of Henry.
3.Katherine's Impassioned Speech at the Legatine Court which embarasses the King.
2.The court pageant where Henry first notices Anne Boleyn
1. The hot scene in the woods with Henry and Anne.
| Ten BEST moments in "the Tudors"|
10. The trip to Calais for Anne and their (at last) time to have a really truly romantic evening. Only a very disturbed man could plan such a perfect experience. And so beautifully and romantically filmed.
9. Bishop Fisher on the scaffold admitting he was afraid &the crowd shouting "God bless you"
8. Thomas More's speech on the scaffold
7.Henry gorging on the beautiful swan with gravy dripping down his chin.6. Katherine of Aragon's death bed scene
5. The scene where Brereton fantasizes about stabbing Anne
4. Henry bestowing the title of Marquess on Anne & all the pomp that went with it.3. Anne's coronation
2. When Anne remembers her childhood the night before her execution.
1. Anne's dignified last words before her execution & the crowd kneeling.
Ten Worst Historical Inaccuracies
10. Charles Brandon having a son named Edward.
9. George Boleyn being portrayed as a rapist.
8. Jane Seymour and Anne Boleyn being beauties. (Both were considered unattractive by people of their time).
7. No mention of Princess Margaret Tudor & Charles Brandon having any children, thereby writing Lady Jane Grey, Mary Queen of Scots & James I out of existence.
6. Elizabeth Darrell (Katherine's Lady in waiting) hanging herself after her mistress' death.
5. Thomas Tallis' homosexual affair with William Compton.
4. The early death of Henry Fitzroy's character.
3. Cardinal Wolsey's suicide.
2. The assassination plot by the Pope to kill Anne Boleyn using William Brereton.
1. The amalgamation of Mary & Margaret Tudor into one character who marries & murders the King of Portugal.
10. The way he chews on anything.
9. His "I've got something for you" face in the love scene between Henry and Lady Blount.
8. His pefection of making us love him and hate Henry at the same time
7. His intensity, energy & PASSION
6. Even in leggings & pantaloons, he looks hot
5. He's very good at faking "it" in the sex scenes
4. His voice
3. His icy blue/green eyes
2. The powerful way he walks
1. His LIPS
10. When Katherine of Aragon informs her that the king will soon tire of her, her golden response "suppose he does not?"
9. Anne trying to play Smeaton's violin.
8. Pleading with Henry to give her one last chance with Elizabeth in her arms.
7. Anne and Henry at Christmas
6. The scene in the picture above. Anne looks so beautiful and free twirling around in her golden dress.
5. Henry tells Anne he is going to make her the Marquess of Pembrook. (2.2)
4. Anne finds Henry and Jane Seymour kissing (2.19)
3. Anne's speech about Mary being her death, and the King taking their fortunes away.
2. Her speech just before her execution.
1. When she lost her last child, and blamed it on Henry, because she saw Henry and Jane kissing.
10. The gown she wears at her execution.
9. Exotic costume worn when she is presented to King Francis I in Calais
8.The lavender nightgown w/ see-through top in Anne's dream sequence where she is stabbed in the abdomen.
7. The purple gown she was wearing when she said that she wished that all Spaniards were at the bottom of the sea.
6. The white gown she wears during the masquerade.
5. The gown she wears when she is arrested.
4.The gown she wears when she is made Marquess.
3. The beaded gold dress she wears when Henry is chasing her in the halls in the first season.
2. The gown she wears when she is teaching her ladies to dance.
1. Coronation robes
| || |
Ten hottest scenes
10. Charles and Anna Buckingham when they are caught by her father
9. Henry & Lady Misseldon's goodbye sex
8. The sensual chess game that Henry and Lady Eleanor played on top of each other's bodies.
7. Henry & Bessie Blount's romp
6. King Henry and Madge's courtship.
5. That wedding night in Calais. Woooo
4. Charles and Margaret's angry/drunk sex.
3. Anne and Henry Kissing on her bed
2. Henry and Anne's volta
1. The scene in the woods at the end of season 1 with Anne & Henry
| || |
10. When Katherine says goodbye to Princess Mary.
9. When Sir Thomas More tells her she is the "Queen of Hearts."
8. When she dictates a her last letter to Henry declaring that after all she's suffered she still loves him.
7. When Katherine tells Anne that the King will one day become tired of her, just like all the others.
6. When Katherine tells off her lawyers and then dimisses them from her defense.
5. When she tells Wolsey off in the garden after he tells her Mary has to leave.
4. When she is dying and is overjoyed when she sees her daughter, Mary, as she can now die in peace.
3. When Katherine tells Henry that "Every vote you would receive, I would receive a thousand more." In regards to the trial on their marriage.
2. When she tells her dear friend Thomas More that she would always "...choose sorrow over great joy
as in sorrow the lords prescense is ever with us."
1. Her speech to the court at Blackfriars in Season 1
Top Ten Cringe worthy moments
10. Anne rips the necklace Henry gave Jane off Jane's neck and draws blood.
9. Mary Tudor asks Chapuys, "Is the harlot dead?"
8. When Katherine is told Mary is being sent away, and she uses the term "Taking her from my womb."
7. When Mary is told by Thomas Boleyn she is a bastard and may never contact her mother.
6. Season 2 Episode 6, when Henry tells Anne that she should be glad for her position because he would not give it to her again.
5. Mark Smeaton's torture
4. Henry walks away from Anne, as she is still pleading her love for him carrying Elizabeth in her arms.
3. When items from Elizabeth's household are taken to pay for Anne's imprisonment, and Lady Bryan threatens to hit her.
2. When Henry tells Katherine that their marraige is over and Katherine falls to the ground weeping.
1. The masturbation scene!!!
Ten BEST Lines in the Tudors script
12. "You can love, perhaps for a year, a month, a day, even for an hour. And in that hour I do believe you love as well and deeply as any man. But after that hour, you love not! You love another, and then another. You love is most generous where it is most hurtful." Margaret to Charles (episode 1:8)
11. "She is just a girl but if she has her way she will set our whole country in a roar" Wyatt to Tallis (episode 1:6)
10. "So you were a f***ing virgin, that's not the point!" Henry to Katherine of Aragon
9. "Nothing will be the same, you and I ...will be immortal" Henry to Wolsey (episode 1:1)
8. "Nevertheless he asks an important question. Whether it is better for a king to be feared or loved." Henry to More about Machiavelli's Book 'the Prince' (episode 1:2)
7. " I am thinking I should behave like the King of France. Which means I should slip readily into the gardens of others and drink water from many fountains " Charles Brandon
6. "When Satan was thrown from heaven was he ever invited back?" Brandon to Norfolk "You were" Norfolk's reply
5. "Don't you ever get tired of it Charles?" Knyvett to Charles."Of course but then I go to sleep" Charles reply. (season 1:9)
4. "The King is plain in love with you. Don't you see niece, it makes a man very vulnerable. Anne it would be wise not to be fooled by your own masquerade" Norfolk to Anne
3. "Now don't be too modest Thomas, you are not a saint" (heavy irony) Henry to Thomas More (season 1 :3)
2."When she opens her legs for him she can open her mouth to denounce Wolsey. They do say that the sharpest blades are sheathed in the softest pouches". Norfolk to Thomas Boleyn about his daughter, Anne (season 1:3)
1."Alright, if you want the world to know that the King of England is easily changeable, shallow, intemperate, incapable of keeping his word then of course, I will go an tell him. After all, I am merely his majesty's humble servant" More to Henry after he loses the wrestling match and petulantly says he has changed his mind about signing the treaty (episode 1:2)
Ten BEST Lines in the Tudors script
10. "Your sister is quite a talented musican herself, as well as a very beautiful young woman even though not as beautiful as her brother."Mark to George (episode 2:3)
9. "I recognize no queen but my mother, but if the king's mistress would intercede with the king on my behalf, then I would be grateful." Mary to Anne (episode 2:4)
8. "15 pounds for one stroke. Dear God, he makes a **** good living." Cromwell about how much the executioner is to be paid. (episode 2:10)
7. "Then here's the truth. You must shut your eyes and endure, like your betters have done before you." Henry to Anne (episode 2:6)
6. "Tell him...I died his good servant but God's first." Thomas More to crowd about Henry VIII (episode 2:5)
5. "I can't wait to ride some young French stallion while I'm here." Mary to Mark "Well, between you and I, neither can I." Mark's reply (episode 2:2)
4. "You and I Campeggio have done well to avoid the craft of women. Celibacy is an immense relief." Pope Paul III (episode 2:5 )
3. "Perhaps I have never fully explained myself to you, your grace......I have never been interested in reforming them [the priests] my real and only interest is in destroying them" Cromwell to Thomas Boleyn (episode 2:2)
2. "I promise you that I am going to make such a Reformation in this kingdom that I shall be remembered eternally, throughout all Christendom." Henry to Chapuys (episode 2:6)
1. "We are on the edge of a golden world!" Anne Boleyn after hearing of Katherine's death & believing she is pregnant with the King's son (episode 2:7)
Ten best abstract moments
10. In a dream, Henry is eating and when he opens the fish, there are worms within it.
9. When Henry looks in a mirror and his face turns into this evil, ugly, monster.
8. When Anne is sick with the sweating sickness, Henry has a dream that she is dead next to him in bed.
7. Anne being stabbed by Brereton.
6. The playing cards with the one card having it being cut across the pictures neck, giving it the appearance of having its head cut off.
5. Katherine is dying and hallucinates that Mary is at her side.
4. Henry being 'haunted' by Thomas More.
3.Thomas Tallis visiting the surviving twin, only to have the other's ghost watching from the corner with a smile on her face.
2. Anne's dream of being killed by Mary burning her.
1. Anne touches her neck while looking in a mirror. She has a very worried and stressed look on her face.
Ten funniest movies in 'The Tudors'
10. When Anne pushes Henry off of her while they try to do it in the forest .
9.The two guards making fun of the King right outside his room when he and one of his many women do it.
7.When Michelangelo screams at his painters while the Pope listens in.
6.Charles Brandon showing off to his son and then Cromwell coming and knocking their socks off with no effort whatsoever!
4. When he shouts "ENOUGH!" at the choir singing when he is deep in thought. (S2 EP 10)
3. After a dream and afraid of the sweat, Henry starts doing push ups and is running on the spot while his attendant is looking on. (S1 EP 7)
2. Whenever Henry wants something he yells out 'I'M THE KING OF ENGLAND!'
1."Are You the Dauphin of France?"
10.The grey dress she wears when she receives the locket from Henry. (Briem)
9. The dress she wears at Christmas. (Wallis)
8.The orange dress she wears when she receives Chapuys. (Wallis)
7. The Red dress she wears when she sees her son. (Wallis)
6. The gown with the embroidery that she is wearing when Princes Mary is brought to court.(Wallis)
5. Her wedding dress (Wallis)
4. The turquoise gown she wears at her engagement to Henry. (Briem)
3. The creamy gown with golden thread she wears when she first meets Henry. (Briem)
2. The metallic silver gown she wears when she announces she is pregnant. (Wallis)
1. The pink dress she wears when she is dining with Henry and he gives her a puppy. (Wallis)
Ten BEST moments in "The Tudors"
10. Seeing Henry grieve because for once he lost a wife and didn't divorce her.
9. Henry and Anne of Cleves' "Wedding Night".
8. When Cromwell is accused of being a traitor.
7. When Henry first sees Katherine Howard.
6. The appointment of Thomas Cromwell to Lord Privy Seal.
5. The marriage of Henry and Jane.
4. Thomas Cromwell and his son Gregory.
3. Princess Mary falling in love with Phillip, Duke of Bavaria
2. Cromwell's execution.
1. Henry telling Jane not to leave him when she is on her deathbed.
| || |
| Top Ten Anita Briem and Annabelle Wallis moments.|
10. When Jane announces she is pregnant. (Wallis)
9. When Jane tells Lady Rochford "not to worry, I have great reason to be happy" when she has been told Henry has a mistress. (Wallis)
8. When Jane brings Elizabeth to court for Christmas with Mary. (Wallis)
7. When Jane calls Henry to feel the baby kicking. (Wallis)
6. When Henry meets Jane. (Briem)
5. When Jane sends back Henry's gift and letter. (Briem)
4. When Jane sends a necklace to Elizabeth's Household. (Wallis)
3.When Jane tells Chapuys she will look after Mary. (Wallis)
2. When Jane welcomes Mary to court. (Wallis)
1.When Jane gives birth and takes solace in Katherine of Aragon's cross. (Wallis)